2018 — present: Founder, CEO, Consultant at Fiber Logic.
Fiber Logic provides IP transit services and consulting services.
My unique skill set and vast hosting and datacenter related experience allow designing long term solutions to complex issues involving more than one area.
My day to day tasks at Fiber Logic are:
- Software development
- Building relationships with IP transit providers
- Custom cloud design
- Consulting: Network design
- Consulting: Disaster recovery
- Consulting: Redundancy and outage prevention
- Consulting: Automation and scripting
- Consulting: DDoS/flood protection
- Consulting: Cyber security
- Consulting: Datacenter migrations
- Consulting: Website migration without downtime
- Consulting: Juniper router and switch configuration (MX240, MX204, QFX5100 etc.)
- Consulting: WHMCS development: custom modules, hooks, payment gateways, disaster recovery
2003 — present: Founder, CEO, DevOps, Network Administrator at IT7 Networks
IT7 Networks provides cloud hosting platform and solves complex region-specific network connectivity challenges.
My day to day tasks at IT7 are:
- Network design
- Peering (BGP)
- Datacenter deployment and automation
- Customer support automation
- Billing and fraud prevention automation
- Backend software development
- QEMU-KVM automation (without libvirt)
- Cloud automation/scripting
- Juniper router and switch configuration (MX240, MX204, QFX5100 etc.)
Atola develops industry leading equipment for digital forensic/data acquisition. We are the first company
in the world to address the issue of forensically-sound imaging of damaged hard drives.
Over the years, my tasks in the company transformed:
- Software development
- Hardware product design
- Automation and UI design
- Product/business development
- Company strategy
2004 — 2006: Software developer at ActionFront/Seagate Recovery Services.
I developed and maintained an in-house data recovery platform. My primary tasks were:
- Software development: Hard drive diagnostics
- Software development: Hard drive firmware repair
- Software development: Automation
- Research and development: find new ways to recover data from damaged hard drives
- Data recovery: dealing with most complex cases - hard drives with multiple issues/failures
2002 — 2006: Founder at MHDD Software.
I developed and maintained MHDD, the most widely used low-level hard disk drive diagnostic tool in the world at the time. It was (and still is) available free of charge.
I also developed a commercial version of the same tool, which allowed data recovery/firmware repair.
The tool was later acquired by a hard drive manufacturer on private terms.
For more details, see my Linked In page: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitrypostrigan/